You can read about the different types of Flour on our Baking ingredients section.
Take note that the baking powder in Germany is single acting. The baking powder is South Africa is double acting. You can also read about this on the above-mentioned page.
BEER BREAD ALLA YVETTE
Set the oven to 180 ℃
* 1Kg cake flour (405)
* 10ml salt
* 1 T/s Herbs (Kreuter der Provence)
* 15ml sugar
* 100g Butter
* 2 sachet dry yeast
* 1 Cup of cheese (or more if you want)
* 125ml lukewarm milk
* 500ml Beer
1. Sift together flour, salt, sugar, herbs, cheese. Sprinkle yeast over.
2. Heat butter and beer to lukewarm, add to dry ingredients.
3. Heat milk to lukewarm, add to dry ingredients.
4. Mix till dough forms, knead for 5-10 min ****(very important) till smooth, If sticky dust with more flour.
5. Place in bowl, rub with olive oil, cover and leave in warm place. (Oven 40C/dough proof) +- 10 min
6. Knock back, knead swiftly, divide into balls or leave as single piece of dough.
7. Place in greased pan, cover and leave in warm place (Oven 40C/dough proof) to rise for 30 min.
8. Up into oven (lower half)…. Bake and enjoy.
Bake time : 35 min
Submitted by Yvette Antoinette von Solms
Instant Beer Bread (123 Bread)
Information from members: it would be better with self raising flour not all purpose flour or add a tsp of baking powder per cup of flour used 🙂 or Add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda per cup of flour.
Submitted by Jacqui Naumann