As an ex-pat, it is important to keep in touch with family and friends, who might be living all over the world.
We crave news and contact with them, and when we cannot be physically together, we can at least try to keep in contact virtually.
Here is a list of events that you can do with friends either here in Germany, where it is easier to organise the delivery of items, or in any other country for example South Africa.
This is just a short list of some ideas, there are much more available, just search online for “online team events” or ” online cooking classes” etc.
Virtual Events in German
- Beer tasting – Beer delivered to your home, online tasting with a Sommelier
- Wine tasting – A selection of wines is sent to your home, online tasting with a Sommelier.
- Cocktail-making courses. They also do Gin tastings as an online event
- Eventbrite – In the kitchen: Virtual food and drink events & classes
- Organising an online birthday party. You can also put together your own box and send it to everyone, and come together via Zoom, Skype, or other apps. Here are some ideas for making it more fun
- Teamgeist – Online dating, Beach events, Krimi’s, and many more
Traditional Indian cuisine is rich and diverse in flavours, originating in India and loved across all continents. Being proudly South African and embracing it in my all, I’ve also grown up in an Indian home with rich cultures and traditions.
Virtual events in English
- Social Escape Room from your home
- Online team games, including trivia, murder mysteries, and even a campfire event 🙂
- Quaraoke – Online Karaoke
- Birthday parties – you can organise a hamper or party box, have it delivered and organise an online meeting or game night. Charades or Pictionary are great cost-effective ideas. Here are some hamper ideas
Video Conferencing apps
- Google meet (up to 250 participants) or Hangouts (up to 25 participants)
- Cisco Webex
Sending online or physical cards
Staying connected to South Africa, your 4 options
We have a great selection of gift ideas for your loved ones in South Africa, and I thought it would be great to also have a list of places you