Freelance Graphic Designer / Print / Digital / Advertising / Brand CI / Presentations My 15 years in the creative industry has developed my skills
Hamburg, officially the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, is one of the three city-states (Stadtstaaten) in Germany, the others are Berlin and Bremen.
It is connected to the North sea by the Elbe river, and the Port of Hamburg is the largest in Germany by volume, it is the third-busiest in Europe and the 15th largest worldwide.
Hamburg is also home to the Elbphilharmonie, and the Stage Theater on the Elbe where shows like Pretty woman are performed. Hamburg has the following boroughs – Harburg, Hamburg-Mitte, Altona, Eimsbüttel, Hamburg-Nord, Wandsbek and Bergedorf. There are no national parks in Hamburg, but the Wadden Sea National park, belongs to Hamburg, event though it is more than 100 km’s away.
Why Hamburg Is The Perfect destination?
- Chocoholics can do a tour at the Hachez Chocoversum, and make your own chocolate
- Coffee lovers can get their fix at the Kaffeemuseum. They also offer gin tastings
- Rediscover the child in you at the Miniature Wunderland
- Discover how brave you are at the Hamburg Dungeons
- Learn more about the planets at the Planetarium. They offer exciting programs for children
- Wax figures of famous people at the Panoptikum
- Visit the beautiful lakes – Außenalster, Binnenalster, Bramfelder See, Kleine Alster and close by the Öjendorfer See
Freizeitparks (Amusement parks)
- Heide Park Resort
- Hansa-Park Sierksdorf
- Barfuss Park
- Action Arena in Norderstadt for VR games, mingolf, bowling, laser-tag and much more
Food and drinks to try
The following regional specialties are typical for Hamburg
- Fischbrötchen – the best place is on the promonade in Hafen City
- Labskaus – Corned beef, potatoes, and onion. Some add beetroot, pickled gherkin, or herring
- Finkenwerder Scholle
- Aallsuppe – eel soup
- Shrimp soup
- Hamburger Hummersuppe
- Rote Grütze – Berry compote served with custard or ice cream
- Hagenbeck Tierpark and the Wildpark Schwarze Berge
- Boat Trips on the ferry, or a Riverbus
- Klick Kindermuseum
- The museum of illusions
- Loki Schmidt Botanical Gardens or the Planten un Blomen park. Here is a list of all parks in Hamburg
- Swimming pools e.g Festland, Holthusenbad or the outdoor Naturbad Stadparksee
- There are many playgrounds like the Grasbrookpark in HafenCity
- Rodeln (Sledding) when it snows
- Strandperle restaurant on the Elbe
- Dock3 Beachclub
- Brücke 10 im Strand Haus – restaurant on the Elbe
- The Portugiesenviertel – Portuguese ans Spanish restaurants
- Kafeegarten Schuldt Cafe with stunning views over the Elbe
If you want to explore the regions around Hamburg, head to the Altes Land region just south of Hamburg.
There is only one authentic castle in Hamburg, the Bergedorf Castle, for more castles, consider a trip to Ahrensburg, Gottorf, Plön castle or the fairytale Schwerin Castle.
Lübeck, Lüneburg, Travemünde, Cuxhaven, Schwerin, Stade and Wismar are all in easy reach for a daytrip, Berlin is two hours away with the train.
Most of the islands are easy to reach and is perfect for a day trip, or longer .. Great choices are Heligoland which you can reach by ferry, Fehmarn Island, Sylt, and St. Peter-Ording which is good for kite surfing. For more beaches take a trip to the North Sea, the Baltic Sea, the Wadden Sea, or the Mecklenburg coastline
amazing things to know about Hamburg
- Every ship arriving at the Wilkomm Höft receives a special greeting.
- It is the city with the most bridges in the world.
- The Tierpark Hagenbeck opened in 1907 and remains the only large privately owned zoo in Europe.
- Miniatur Wunderland is the world’s biggest miniature railway.
- The Hamburg State Opera is the oldest Opera in Germany.
- The Speicherstadt and Kontorhausviertel are UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- The Hamburger Dom is a festival held three times a year.
Some of the well-known festivals are:
Online resources and apps
South African Businesses in the Area
Olyve & Rose is a lifestyle collection that is inspired by friendship and beautiful living All of our pieces speak to the heart and soul
Herzlich Willkommen bei INDLU AFRICA !!! Bei uns findest Du modernes und einzigartiges Design überwiegend aus Südafrika und anderen afrikanischen Ländern für Dein Zuhause, zum
The hotel descriptions in Germany are very different from those in South Africa. Here is a shortlist, of some of the most popular types, with
Germany is a beautiful country with diverse landscapes and many regional specialties.To add your suggestions please submit it via this form Below are some travel
German Climate Germany’s climate is temperate and marine, with cold, cloudy winters and warm summers and in the south occasional warm föhn wind. The greater