In todays connected world it is important to manage your online professional identity. Many companies find potential staff via professional networks like LinkedIn, and they may also view your profile before interviewing you.
It is important to make a good impression so give some thought to the following:
- Choose a professional profile picture
- Add a background photo that shows your interest
- Use your summary as an “Elevator pitch”
- Don’t use to many buzzwords
- List your relevant skills
- Join relevant groups and engage in dialog and discussions
- Ask for endorsements by colleagues
- Share relevant content to your feed, that is how many people notice you
- Follow relevant public figures
The following Professional Networks are used in Germany:
If you are interested in working for a specific company, follow them on their professional networks as well as social networks like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
This will enable you to engage better in your interview. Most German interviewers expect you to know about their company history, mission and values
Interview tip– Always have some questions prepared to ask during the interview.