250g dates, pitted
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup Butter
3/4 brown sugar (light)
2 XL eggies
1tsp Vanilla Essence
1 1/2 cup Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of salt, just a bietjie.
1/2 cups pecans
For the Sauce
1cup light brown sugar
1cup Boiling water
1/2 Cup Brandy + n bietjie vir liefde
1 tsp vanilla, yes twice!
- Preheat Oven to 180 degrees.
- Add the pitted dates, Bicarb and a cup of boiling water together. Let it stand for about 10mins.
- Cream the butter and the sugar and eggies until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the Vanilla Essence
- Add the dries to the wets (including the pitted dates mix) and fold it all together and pour into a lightly buttered oven dish.
- Bake for about 60 mins, depending on your oven of course! Let’s say 50-60 mins.
- Please keep an eye on it, it bakes very dark but obvs have to be spongy
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a pot and cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Poke holes into the baked pudding and pour the sauce over
Black Forest Trifle
- Chocolate Cake
- 100 g Sugar
- 100 ml Cherry juice
- Juice of on Lemon
- 500 g Berries (frozen)
- 500 g Cream
- 2 packets of Vanilla sugar
- Chocolate shavings for decoration
- Boil the Frozen berries, sugar, cherry and lemon juice together until it becomes thicker. Let it cool
- Beat the cream and vanilla sugar until the cream is still
- Cut the chocolate cake in think slices or break it into pieces
- Layer the cake, berry mix and cream in a glass bowl. Top with chocolate shavings or fresh berries
You can sprinkle the cake with sherry or Cherry liquor.
You add a layer of Chocolate mousse or Chocolate custard.
You can add a dash of Amarula or Bailys to the cream.
Baking cookies for Christmas is what childhood memories are made of. We will list some websites here where you can find authentic Christmas recipes. Typical
St. Nicholas Day St Nicholas Day, known as Nikolaustag in Germany, is celebrated on the 6th of December. Children leave a pair of cleaned boots
A selection of traditional South African Christmas recipes. You are most welcome to share your recipes with us via the link below. Click here to
Visiting Christmas markets in Germany is a delightful way of celebrating the festive season. The heavy scent of sweets, fried sausage and warm wine welcome